Monday, November 22, 2010

Change begins within...

When working with dreamers I encourage them to discover a mantra. Something they can focus on when exploring their dreams. The most common question I get is how do you discover your mantra. I've already mentioned the necessary journey of discovery. But, and you're not supposed to do this, I want to share with you how I discovered my mantra.

I was a student at Oxbrigde University and was studying philosophy. My mother had just died from cancer and I was plagued by a deep depression. My dreams were filled with her. Her face, her voice, her presence. I was overwhelmed by the vividity of them. My roommate at the time, Declan Grey, an honourable gent and expert in the mysterious workings of spirits and machinations of history, suggested I develop a mantra and use it before I sleep to channel the dream energies.

This notion aligned with my understandings of synchronicity and the general powers of dreaming so I adopted the practice. After much practice I was able to control the dreams and engage with my mother's presence. As the great Maharishi regularly opined, change begins within. Yes it does.

It is my hope that my dreamers are able to channel their dream energies and find the true synchronicity in all realms of experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment